Terms and Conditions
WANT TO WORK WITH STALLIONS…
Stallion Hand Required
· Excellent opportunity to enjoy a long term career with a leading New Zealand stud
· Small, friendly and cohesive team where achieving excellence is our passion
· Be rewarded for your expertise and effort
· Working with stallions on a daily basis
An iconic thoroughbred breeding operation, Mapperley Stud has been in the business of breeding and rearing thoroughbreds for over 50 years. Boasting a rich history, Mapperley is situated on 600 acres of beautiful rolling Waikato country and is committed to continuing their ascent into becoming one the country’s leading thoroughbred studs.
The successful applicant will be working very closely with the four stallions at Mapperley Stud which will entail:
· Turning out stallions to their day paddocks and bringing them every night
· Mucking out and keeping the stallion stable’s in pristine condition
· Getting stallions ready for parades and parading them in front of clients.
· Continually monitoring the condition of the stallions and working closely with the Stud Manager on their feeding programmes.
· Working in the breeding shed with a small, committed team covering mares.
· Working with the reproduction team during the breeding season -
Ø Teasing mares
Ø Bringing mares through the crush
Ø Administering treatment and medications to horses
Ø Maintaining records and documentation relating to horse treatments
Ø Regular assessment of all horse health and needs
Applicants do not necessarily need to have a lot of experience in this line of work as you will be working with an experienced team who take great pride in up skilling their colleagues.
We are seeking a self-starter who has experience in all aspects of thoroughbred handling, with a shared commitment of excellence, to assist the stud in achieving our goals.
The successful applicant must have the following attributes:
· Excellent time management skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Effective communication skills
· Passionate, enthusiastic, patient and motivated to learn
· Ability to work well in both a team and independently
On farm accommodation will be available for the successful candidate
All applications will be treated with absolute confidence.
Applications must have a valid Visa to work in New Zealand.
Applications close the 30th April 2018
Please contact Simms for more information on 021607853 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website www.mapperleystud.co.nz for more information.